[eclipse-users] Two small questions about ECLiPSe installation on Windows

From: Webb Stacy <wstacy_at_...20...>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:43:46 -0500
Greetings.

I am new to ECLiPSe--installed it a couple of days ago-- and like it so
far but have run into two smallish problems that don't seem to be
covered by the FAQ. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 and Java JRE 1.5.0_06.

   1. I've encountered a problem with the visualization client and
      tkeclipse. If I select "Visualization Client" from the Tools menu,
      tkeclipse just hangs--it won't even repair window damage when I
      move the VC away from it.. On the VC, the only button available on
      the VC is Interrupt (Resume is grayed out.) If I use start_vc/1
      from tkeclipse a similar thing happens except that tkeclipse is a
      bit more active--it repairs window damage, the menus work, etc.,
      though I can't invoke anything from them--keep getting an error
      message that says 'Error: cannot do ec_hancle_events while
      ec_resume running.' I've tried embedding 'start_vc/1' in a
      predicate, but the predicate never seems to get past that line.
      find_java/1 does return the right JRE in the right place.
   2. I can't seem to find eclipse.el anywhere in the distribution for
      eclipse mode in emacs--even poked around a little in CVS, but no joy.

I'm very likely doing something wrong in both cases...can anyone point
me in the right direction?

Thanks,

    --Webb

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.