Re: [eclipse-users] Linux installation requirements?

From: Kish Shen <kish.shen_at_...2...>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:17:55 +0000
Hi Tallys,

I think for the binary version, the only real issue is the glibc version you are using. For the
binary distribution, we are currently compiling it with glibc 2.3, and I believe it should be
backwards compatible with any Linux installation with glibc 2.2 or newer.

You should be able to compile ECLiPSe from source with older versions of glibc, although there
might be issues with older versions of gcc -- we recommend gcc 3.3 or 3.4 now, but at IC-Parc,
we used to compile ECLiPSe with gcc 2.9 if I remember correctly.