Re: [eclipse-users] Eclipse on Macosx 10.4

From: Joachim Schimpf <js10_at_...2...>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:17:54 +0000
Philippe de Rochambeau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> has anyone managed to successfully build Eclipse on Macosx 10.4?

The SourceForge site http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-clp
has binaries for ECLiPSe 5.10#39, built on Macosx 10.2.  See also
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1615796&forum_id=613916

Actually, since at the moment we don't have any Macs of our own,
it would be ideal if someone else could volunteer to look after
the MacOS builds.  Anyone?

> The INSTALL file says should set the ECLIPSETHIRDPARTY environment
> variable to /vol/Eclipse/thirdparty. However, there is no directory
> called thirdparty in the source directory. Furthermore, apart from gmp,
> none of the required third-party components are available from either
> darwinports.opendarwin.org or fink

We'll try to improve the documentation on that.  I've put
a recent version of the build guide on the web site
http://eclipse.crosscoreop.com/reports/SetupGuideV2.pdf

- Joachim