Re: [eclipse-users] Can't run the java interface QuickTest

From: Joachim Schimpf <jschimpf_at_...5...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:43:56 -0500
Matthew Ford wrote:
> Hey,
> After compiling QuickTest.java, with the command javac -classpath
> /Users/matt/eclipse/lib/eclipse.jar: QuickTest.java
> when I subsequently try and run the quick test I get a Null Pointer
> Exception,

Hi Matthew,

this is because you are running the PowerPC version of ECLiPSe (ppc_macosx)
on an Intel Mac (presumably in some emulated mode).  This isn't really
tested, and probably not very efficient, but your earlier mail seems to
suggest that the basic functionality works.

I have fixed the Java-Interface problem for build 5.10#43.

The proper solution is of course to have a native MacOS/Intel
version.  This needs to be built by someone who has such a machine,
but we can help, of course.

-- Joachim