Re: [eclipse-users] 'forall' predicate

From: Malcolm Ryan <malcolmr_at_...25...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:02:10 +1000
Yes, but I want the constraints to be passed around as data before
being applied. I'm working towards adding a feature to the
"generic_sets" library so that you can specify a bunch of constraints
that are applied to every element of the set. As such, they need to
be stored as terms in the set's attributes so that they can be
applied to any new value that is in the set.

Basically, I want a way to do the equivalent of a lambda operation in
functional programming, on a constraint expression. So that I can
say: lambda(X, X #< N or X #> 0).

I am beginning to remember why I dislike Prolog. It tempts you into
thinking you can do functional-style programming with maps and lambda
expressions, but then the handling of unbound variables is always
awkward, and you end up wasting a lot of time preventing them from
binding to things you don't want them to.

Malcolm