Re: [eclipse-users] Mac OSX intel install

From: Kish Shen <kish.shen_at_...2...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 01:17:02 +0100
On Wednesday 04 April 2007 00:14, Serge Kruk wrote:
> Dear Kish,
>
> Success!
>
> The only change left was the RUNME change.  I have ECLiPSe running.
> And, it runs four times faster than the ppc emulation mode.
> Congratulations. Debugging without access to a machine. Brilliant.

It is great to hear that you got the source to compile on Intel Macs!

> If you want me to run some specific tests, I will be glad to do it.
> If not, I will start doing tests with the eplex library. That did not
> work at all in ppc emulation mode.

I don't think our test suite, which we use in our nightly test and build, is available yet for
downloading, because some of the test we are using cannot be released publically. [we run
some application programs which are not open-source]

> Thank you for your work.  I will let you know if eplex/CLP works.
> That is the one bundled with the source, I assume.

You would most likely need to build both the COIN libraries and eplex yourself from source.
COIN is open-source, but you need to download it yourself. You will probably need the
Setup Guide to help you with this:

http://eclipse.crosscoreop.com/reports/index.html

select the ECLiPSe Build-and-Test Setup guide and download the pdf file. This should help
you with building ECLiPSe with COIN (which provides the CLP/CBC solvers, as well as the
OSI open solver interface).