Re: [eclipse-users] SWI Library Inclusion in ECLiPSe

From: Kish Shen <kish.shen_at_...2...>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 02:46:38 +0100
Hi Siddharth,

On Wednesday 25 April 2007 01:53, Siddharth Angrish wrote:
> Hi
>
>       how is the swi library included in ECLiPSe. I am able to
> successfully execute the command
> "lib(sictus)." but not "lib(swi)."

You should be able to load the swi compatibility library with lib(swi):

[eclipse 1]: lib(swi).
cio.eco    loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.01 seconds
iso.eco    loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.03 seconds
foreign.eco loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.02 seconds
scattered.eco loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.01 seconds
cprolog.eco loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.02 seconds
quintus.eco loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.12 seconds
apply.eco  loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.01 seconds
swi.eco    loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.22 seconds

Yes (0.26s cpu)

Which version of ECLiPSe are you using? lib(swi) was added in the open-source 5.10
version of ECLiPSe, so if you are using an older version, it would not have lib(swi).

>        SWI Prolog is installed on my machine. Even including the
> library directories of SWI prolog
> in ECLiPSe through set_flag/2 did not help.
> The error encountered is:
>     library not found in use_module(library(swi))

lib(swi) is completely independent of any code from SWI Prolog -- so you don't need to add the
SWI library directories to library_path via set_flag/2, which I assume you are doing? In fact,
it may confuse ECLiPSe as it may try to load SWI Prolog's files rather than ECLiPSe's.