Re: [eclipse-users] tkeclipse doesn't run

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 16:52:11 +0100
Lutz, Charles D wrote:
> Hi Kish,
>
> I apologize for the late reply - I was out for a couple of
> days with a cold. I've tried the edit, but now it complains
> about a different .dll, which does seem to be already listed
> in the explicit loads:
>
> ----
> Problem loading the ECLiPSe shared libraries: couldn't load
> library "./tkexdr.dll": this library or a dependent library
> could not be found in library path
> (bin) 1 %
> ----
>
> Just to be sure, here is my edit of the section of eclipse.tcl
> that loads .dlls:
>
> ----
> set eclipsedir [file dirname [file dirname [info script]]]
> source [file join $eclipsedir lib_tcl eclipse_arch.tcl]
>
> set prev [pwd]
> cd [file join $eclipsedir lib [ec_arch]]
> if { [catch {
> 	load [file join . tkexdr[info sharedlibextension]]
> 	# ---- Added by Chuck Lutz on advice from Kish Shen (via email),
> 26 Apr 07
> 	load [file join . eclipse[info sharedlibextension]]
> 	# ----
> 	load [file join . tkeclipse[info sharedlibextension]]
>     } error]
>  } {
>     cd $prev
>     error "Problem loading the ECLiPSe shared libraries: $error"
> }
> cd $prev

This is surprising...I am assuming that the messages about loading
xxx.dll comes when xxx.dll is being
loaded, but adding the explicit load for eclipse.dll should not cause
the earlier load of tkexdr.dll to fail..

Can you add the following lines

     load [file join . tkexdr[info sharedlibextension]]

          tk_meesageBox -type ok -message "loaded tkexdr.dll"

and similar tk_messageBox lines (with eclipse.dll and tkeclipse.dll in
the message) after the other loads.
This should cause a window to popup saying that the library have been
loaded, and so this should let us know where the problem is (because we
don't get the popup window as the load fails).
Could you do this and let me know the results? [It may be best to just
send them to me only instead of the whole mailing list]

> ----
>
> I don't know TCL, but it seems that the line with "tkexdr" in
> it ought to explicitly load tkexdr.dll. The previous complaint
> was that it couldn't load the library ".\tkeclipse.dll"; this
> time it is "./tkexdr.dll". I don't know if the forward-slash
> is a problem (perhaps Tcl handles "\" vs "/" transparently on
> Windows; beats me).

The code should be doing that -- Tcl provides OS independent ways of
specifying these OS dependent things, eg. file join  adds the correct
file separator (\ or /), and info sharedlibextension returns the correct
extension for shared libraries (dll for Windows).