[eclipse-users] Question re rpc

From: Farrell, Andrew <andrew.farrell_at_...50...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:22:11 +0100
Hi Eclipse Users,

I am using EclipseEngine.rpc -- very simple, I wish to declare a range
for a variable, but when using the method call it decides that it is
incorrect syntax.

Using DosEclipse, everything is fine:

[eclipse 24]: X &:: [a,b].

X = X{[a, b]}
Yes (0.00s cpu)

But when using rpc -- eclipse.rpc("X &:: [a,b]"); -- I get the use of
the &:: being syntactically incorrect:

string stream 7: syntax error: postfix/infix operator expected
| X &:: [a,b]
|     ^ here
string contains unexpected characters in term_string(_950, "X &::
[a,b]")

I'm currently a little baffled by this.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Andrew Farrell

Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks
RG12 1HN Registered No: 690597 England

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential
and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in
error, you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the
sender.

To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated you
should consider this message and attachments as "HP CONFIDENTIAL".