Re: [eclipse-users] Use of max with ic_probing_for_scheduling

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:50:11 +0100
Hi David,

The problem is not with the max cost function. In the ex3 you are
trying, you need to specify the MaxResource, the error message you are
getting shows that the code expects this to be instantiated:

 >instantiation fault in =<(1, MaxResource) in module ic_make_overlap_bivs

I think MaxResource is the maximum number of resources that can be used
at the same time, and this needs to be specified, as stated in the
documentation:

probe_sched(+Starts, +Durations, +Resources, ++MaxResource, ?CostFun)

If you look at ex1 and ex2, you will see that this is instantiated to an
integer before probe_sched/5 is called.

For example, with MaxResources = 3:

[eclipse 3]: ex3(S,3,C).
lists.eco  loaded traceable 0 bytes in 0.01 seconds
Found a solution with cost 8
probes(7)

S = [1, 3, 1, 4]
C = 8