[eclipse-users] java visualisation client bug

From: Malcolm Ryan <malcolmr_at_...25...>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:41:08 +1000
The following program causes the Java visualisation client to report
an "Unsupported operation exception" on my machine (an intel Mac
running JDK 1.5 and eclipse 5.10 #82).

:- lib(ic).
:- lib(viewable).
:- lib(java_vc).

bad :-
	start_vc(_),
	viewable_create(view, [], array([flexible], any)),
	viewable_expand(view, 1, V).

The error occurs when it reaches the call to viewable_expand/4. It
seems to occur no matter what visualisation I choose.

On the other hand, this code works:

good :-
	start_vc(_),
	viewable_create(view, [A], array([flexible], any)),
	viewable_expand(view, 1, V).

So it would appear to be something to do with attempting to extend an
empty list.

Malcolm

--
"Our age is not willing to stop with faith,
     with its miracle of turning water into wine,