Re: [eclipse-users] How to shrink ECLiPSe runtime

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 05:23:32 +0000
Hi Qin,

I am assuming you want to reduce the amount of disc space used by
ECLiPSe. I assume the 7MB you are referring to is the eclipse_rt.tgz
file size? Note that this file is compressed, so the amount of disc
space required where you intend to install and run your application will
be larger.

To reduce the amount of disk space required you can try the following:

1) delete the .eco files in <ECLiPSe>/lib, and use the source files
(.ecl and .pl) files instead -- the .eco file are simply compiled
version of the source file, and use significantly more disk space.
2) Exclude library code that you don't need, e.g. fd, ic. You can look
at the eclipse_rt.lst file to see what the eclipse_rt package currently
includes, and you can see if you can remove more files from this list
(note that you should not just use this file, because they are .eco
files, which is not what you want to include).
3) Compile your ECLiPSe without Java or GMP support (assuming you don't
make use of these)
4) Omit the debugger and other interactive environment code (as is
already done for the eclipse_rt package).