Re: [eclipse-users] Help getting started with Saros

From: Webb Stacy <wstacy_at_...20...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 06:01:10 -0500
Yes, the notes were very useful, and were the first thing I tried.

Unfortunately, unzipping the file into the Eclipse IDE directory didn't
work--the Eclipse IDE simply didn't know anything about Saros.

Then I discovered the update URL entry in feature.xml and tried asking
the Eclipse to look for new features there (Help->Software Updates->Find
and Install->Search for New Features). It found and installed Saros with
partial success. Now I could find Saros in the Window->Preference dialog
and point it to my installation of ECLiPSe. And the ECLiPSe
documentation was there, too.

But neither the File->New menu nor the File->New->Project... menu has an
option for a Saros project, and there doesn't appear to be any way to
add a Saros module, so I can't find a way to work with ECLiPSe source files.

I'm sure there's something silly I'm doing wrong,

Thanks,

    --Webb

--
Webb Stacy, Ph.D.
VP, Technology

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.