Re: [eclipse-users] How can I get rid of these eplex messages?

From: Kish Shen <kish_at_...2...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:11:00 +0000
Serge Kruk wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Whenever I do a
>
> [eplex]:(X::0..1)
>
> I get a warning
>
> "Eplex warning: Imposing integer bounds on variable(s) V for eplex
> instance eplex does not impose integer type."
>
> Is there any way to eliminate the messages, or, alternatively, declare
> variables to avoid the warning?
>
> Thanks
>
> Serge

> ECLiPSe-Users_at_...2...
> http://www.crosscoreop.com/mailman/options/eclipse-users

Hi Serge,

You can avoid the message by using $::/2, i.e.

eplex:(X$::0..1)

or, you can give floats for the bounds if you want to use ::/2:

eplex:(X :: 0.0..1.0)

The reason for the warning is that in other solvers (e.g. ic), the type
of the bounds for ::/2 is supposed to specify the type of the variables,
i.e. X::0..1 implies that X should be an integer (in ic), but this is
not the case for lib(eplex).