Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Q: Linear Programming with Disjunction constraints

From: Kish Shen <kish_at_...2...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:12:22 +0100
Kim Lai wrote:

> I tried lib(ic). maxlist can help me get a maximum.
> But I don't know how to model a linear programming in IC.
> I always gets a integer solution or Errors like
> "out of range in get_domain_size(A1{0.0 .. 10.5}, _605)".
> but I didn't call the get_domain_size !.

I get a different error running the example code you included. However,
the problem is almost certainly because you are using ic's search/6
predicate with real intervals. As the document states, search/6 should
be used with finite domain variables only -- the specific error you show
is almost certainly because the code in search/6 is expecting your real
interval variables to be finite domain. It probably should catch such
errors in a more informative way.