Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Error explanation

From: Joachim Schimpf (Independent Contractor) <"Joachim>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:11:34 +0100
Wit Jakuczun wrote:
> Hi,
>    I get the following error:
>
>    instantiantion fault in term_hash(_12345, -1, Size, _45678)
>
>    What this error means? What is term_hash?
>    I know I have a bug, but I do not know why I get this error.

term_hash can only compute hash values for ground terms:
http://eclipse-clp.org/doc/bips/kernel/termcomp/term_hash-4.html

If you have not called it directly, and want to know who caused
the error, use the debugger's  "To Port: leave"  (or zleave in
the command line debugger) command to jump to the error, and
then look at the goal's ancestors ("refresh goal stack now" in
tkeclipse, of g/G command in the command line version).

-- Joachim