Re: [eclipse-clp-users] ECLiPSe features for interactive configuration

From: Marco Gavanelli <marco.gavanelli_at_...17...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:45:09 +0200
Matthieu Queva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in constraint solvers and product configuration, and I would like to know whether ECLiPSe possesses features to allow interactive constraint solving.

Dear Matthieu,

Some time ago I was working on a model called the Interactive CSP, in
which domains were open and values were acquired during search.
The system was implemented in ECLiPSe:

http://www-lia.deis.unibo.it/Research/Areas/icsp/

I am not sure it will work with the new versions of ECLiPSe, but maybe
you can get an idea (and I can help you if you need it).

We were using this module for visual search problems.

Mailharro at ILOG had used a similar idea for configuration problems.

I do not know if this information can help you.

Cheers,
Marco

--
Marco Gavanelli, Ph.D. in Computer Science
Dept of Engineering