Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Does ECLiPSe use Object-Oriented Programming

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:26:16 +0100
Marcos Müller wrote:
> Hi,
> I come from Clips and i'm learning ECLiPSe cause i need an expert system
> with backward chaining.
> Could you explain me if i can use object-oriented programming with ECLiPSe?
> I had some dificults while i'm trying to debug a program with TKEclipse
> looking at the user manual. There are another source?
>
> Ty for everyone!

Hi Marcos,

ECLiPSe itself is not an object-oriented programming language.

However, Logtalk, an objected-oriented extension to Prolog developed by
Paulo Moura, supports ECLiPSe (along with many other Prologs). Its
website is at logtalk.org.

TkECLiPSe itself has a help menu, in which you can get the help files
which give descrptions of the main components of TkECLiPSe. The ECLiPSe
tutorial, included with the ECLiPSe documentation, has a chapter on
debugging using TkECLiPSe -- there is a run through of debugging a
program (included in the distribution) which shows how some of the tools
in TkECLiPSe can be used).

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.