Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Where to begin?

From: Wit Jakuczun <wit.jakuczun_at_...6...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:18:15 +0200
2008/9/11 Marcos Müller <marcoscefet_at_...6...>:
> Hello again,
>
> I finished my sudoku puzzle successful. Now i'm trying to make a (tree)
> solver program that, at first i will enter the data manually and then i want
> to integrate this program with another program made in c++ and then automate
> the process of finding errors at my company.
Could you describe the problem in more detailed way? What do you
mean by tree solver? How such solver would help you in determining
errors in you company? What errors are you talking about?

> My idea is to build a program that will work to find the problem of an
> error. The user will enter the error (doing an assert) and this error
> represent one node of my tree. After he enters the error the program will
> try to find what is the solution by searching the tree and looking for a
> leaf-node that tells the error... I don't know if i'm explaining  the
> problem correct but...
Maybe you should read about expert systems like http://www.jboss.org/drools/.
Or maybe you should read about configuration problems.

I do not really understood your problem though so my recomendation
can be misleading :).

> I know all the nodes that the tree had at the beginning but i want a program
> that i can put another nodes after the program is finished...
You can do this by using assert predicate. Asserted facts will
remain in Prolog database after the query is finished. You can also
save Prolog terms to a file using streams.

Best regards
--
[ Wit Jakuczun w.jakuczun_at_...116... ]
[ WLOG Solutions http://wlogsolutions.com ]