Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Remote Tools

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 02:39:41 +0100
Rafael Oliveira wrote:
> hi,
>
> if I want create my user trace filtering the paremeters (call, redo...) or
> add new paremeters for trace, for example, if i want create a better view of
> trace, what must i use? tktools?
>
> thanks
>
> Rafael Oliveira

The tracer for tktools has a filtering tool that lets you select
conditions you want the tracer to stop

The debuggong chapter in the User manual has a section on extending the
debugger, see

http://87.230.22.228/doc/userman/umsroot081.html

Note that as the document says, this is not really intended for the end
user -- you don't really want to write additional code just to do
debugging. This is intended for the library writer to produce better
view of executing code for the library. A prime example this will be
useful for is lib(ech), which currently shows only the transformed code,
which is not very readable.

If what you want is to examine your goal more closely, I would suggest
using the inspector tool from the tktool set. This lets you navigate
into a term (e.g. the goal at a debug port) and examine it.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.