Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Using eclipse in bash

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:19:50 +0100
Ulisses Dias wrote:

> I receive only the the exit for the write command. Anyone knows how I could
> receive the cpu time and the rule output?

When you are running ECLiPSe interactively (e.g. in tkeclipse, eclipse
or Saros), you are running your query within a toplevel, and it is the
toplevel that prints the `rule output' and cpu time.

When you are running eclipse in batch mode, there is no toplevel, so if
you want the `rule output' and cputime, you need to do it yourself.

Normally, you probably don't want the bindings for all variables in your
query when you are running in batch mode, so you can select to print
only those variables you are interested in. You can obtain the cputime
for your query using 2 cputime/1:

Start is cputime, Q, Time is cputime - Start, ....

(where Q is your query)

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.