[eclipse-clp-users] ECLiPSe and .Net

From: Wit Jakuczun <wit.jakuczun_at_...6...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:20:10 +0100
Dear All,

   I would like to shortly describe how one can simply
bind ECLiPSe to .Net.

   The solution is based on virtual Java machine for .Net
called IKVM.NET. It can be downloaded from
http://www.ikvm.net/ . This solution should work both on
MS .Net and Mono. I have not tested it on Mono, though. There
is a limitation that IKVM does not support Sparc architecture.

The solution:
1) Install (by extracting) IKVM.NET binary distribution in a directory.
    Let's call this directory c:\ikvm

2) Using ikvmc create dll from eclipse.jar as follows:
   c:\ikvm\bin\ikvmc.exe -target:library -assembly:jeclipse
-out:jeclipse.dll eclipse.jar

   Option -assembly:jeclipse must be used as there is another
   file called eclipse.dll

3) In Visual Studio one has to add reference to jeclipse.dll and
    IKVM.OpenJDK.ClassLibrary.dll

Now we are ready for using full Java API for accessing ECLiPSe.
I have tested EmbeddedEclipse and OutOfProcessEclipse. Both
worked without any problems but those:

- Java types (java.lang.*) should be used for passing arguments to
  ECLiPSe. For example when transfering an integer one should
  use java.lang.Integer(value) in term creation.
- Variables should be passed as (object)null.

Best regards
--
[ Wit Jakuczun  w.jakuczun_at_...116... ]
[ WLOG Solutions http://wlogsolutions.com   ]