Re: [eclipse-clp-users] memory leak

From: Stephan Schiffel <stephan.schiffel_at_...69...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:13:10 +0100
Hi Kish,

On Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2009, you wrote:
> Since you have multiple versions of ECLiPSe, you must ensure that the
> correct version of libeclipse.so is loaded when you run your program.
> In Unix, the system will search the directories defined in
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on Mac OS X), so if you change the
> version of ECLiPSe you are using, you need to modify LD_LIBRARY_PATH (as
> well as ECLIPSE_DIR, which you are using to point to the ECLiPSe
> directory).

Of course you are right, I forgot to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Sorry about the
confusion. Now the example works with all eclipse versions.

Although it is better with version 6.0_58, the original problem still
persists. Memory for references isn't freed completely. I had to change the
example program slightly to show the effect, but still for each call of
function f additional 40kB of memory are used, which makes about 40 bytes per
created reference.

Regards,
Stephan

// ====================================
// example program

#include "eclipse.h"
#include "stdlib.h"
#include "stdio.h"
#include "unistd.h"

void g(){
	ec_ref ref=ec_ref_create_newvar();
	ec_post_goal(ec_term(ec_did("p",1),ec_ref_get(ref)));
	ec_resume();
	ec_ref_destroy(ref);
}

void f(){
	int i;
	for(i=0;i<1000;++i){
		g();
	}
	ec_post_goal(ec_term(ec_did("garbage_collect",0)));
	ec_resume();
}

int main(){
	int i;
	printf("ec_init\n");
	ec_set_option_ptr(EC_OPTION_ECLIPSEDIR, getenv("ECLIPSE_DIR"));
	ec_init();
	ec_post_string("compile_term([p(a)])");
	ec_resume();
	for(i=0;i<10;++i){