Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Using foreign solver

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:27:50 +0100
Ulisses Dias wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>      I have a CLP application using eclipse and it runs very well using the
> native library 'ic'. However, I want to use a foreign solver like KAlys from
> Dash and Optimizer from ILOG (I have the license) without rewrite the entire
> application. Do you know any way of doing so?
>
>      I realized that eplex do not help, because It is not a linear
> programming application.
>
> Best regards
>
>       Ulisses Dias

> Stay on top of everything new and different, both inside and
> around Java (TM) technology - register by April 22, and save
> $200 on the JavaOne (SM) conference, June 2-5, 2009, San Francisco.
> 300 plus technical and hands-on sessions. Register today.
> Use priority code J9JMT32. http://p.sf.net/sfu/p

Hi Ulisses,

Currently there is no interface from ECLiPSe to a third party finite
domain constraint solver.  We are in the process of developing an
interface to the Open-source GeCode (www.gecode.org), but this is still
in early development.

An interface from ECLiPSe to ILOG Solver (the `first generation' CP
solver from ILOG, replaced now by ILOG CP Optimizer) was developed by
Pascal Brisset in 1998. This was never publically released, and has not
been maintained, so it will probably need a lot of work to make it work
correctly, in particular if you want it to work with CP Optimizer
instead. The source code for this is distributed in the ECLiPSe source
code package, and is located in icparc_solvers/ilog.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.