Re: [eclipse-clp-users] A problem I am facing in Eclipse prolog

From: Joachim Schimpf <joachim.schimpf_at_...44...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 15:48:04 +1000
Yahya Mowiena wrote:
> Dear Eclipse-Prolog users
>
> I am having a problem of getting a variable value out of the foreach loop
> here's my code
>
> (foreach(city_windArea{number_built: Ni}, WindACVars) do
>         (foreach(Ni, List), param(Ni,List,Sum) do true),
>          sum1(List, Sum)
>
> ).

I assume you have a list of city_windArea structures, and you want
to make a list of their number_built fields.

You do that using a single loop with 2 foreachs.  After the loop, you can
use the new list:

  ( foreach(city_windArea{number_built: Ni}, WindACVars),
    foreach(Ni, List) do
       true
  ),
  % now we are ready to use List

> %Cost $= 2000000 * Sum.
>

> sum1(List, Sum):-
>           (foreach(X,List),
>               fromto(0, In, Out, Sum) do
>                       Out $= In + X
>           ).

You don't need the sum1 auxiliary.  Just write directly

   Cost $= 2000000 * sum(List).