Re: [eclipse-clp-users] API for c++ nolinear constraints

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 23:07:25 +0100
liu.yu.senior.china wrote:
> Hi, Kish Shen
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. It is very helpful. Now I am learning how to use the command line interface of eclipse to read, execute and write files. I am trying the sendmore.ecl example. I can compile it successfully. But I don't know how to run the code, or it is already run during compilation? Then how to query the values of S, E... or Digits list?
>
> I am having a hard time reading the manuals.
>
> Best,
>
> Liu,Yu
> 2009-08-31

Hi Liu Yu,

Are you reading the chapter on Interval Constraints in the tutorial? The
sendmore.ecl program is shown there, but I think it is meant to show how
a simple program lib(ic) program would look like, while compile and
running ECLiPSe peogram is described elsewhere. From your questions, I
would guess that you have not really programmed in Prolog before. If
this is the case, you should probably start with earlier chapters of the
tutorial first. For example, chapter 2, `Getting Started with ECLiPSe',
is in the form of a FAQ, and answers such questions as `How do I run my
ECLiPSe problem?'

You may also want to look at other sources, such as a Prolog textbook,
if you want to learn to program in ECLiPSe, but with a more gentle
approach than the short `Prolog Introduction' chapter in the tutorial.
There are also various textbooks on constraint programming using
ECLiPSe, a recent one (2006) is `Constraint Logic Programming using
ECLiPSe', by Apt and Wallace. There are various pointers in the
literature page on the eclipse-clp website
(www.eclipse-clp.org/reports/index.html).

In addition, you may want to look at the ECLiPSe ELearning slides:

http://4c.ucc.ie/~hsimonis/ELearning/index.htm

which I mentioned in a recent post to this mailing list.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.