[eclipse-clp-users] static type checking in ECLiPSe

From: Ulrich Scholz <wanderer_at_...190...>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 22:11:00 +0200
Hi all,

static type checking helps a lot in programming - and that might hold for
Prolog, too.  Now I stumbles over some code
http://tomschrijvers.blogspot.com/2008/02/types-for-prolog.html that
performs some type checking.  I haven't tried it but the idea seems nice.

Don't get me wrong: I consider realizing and maintaining such a library to
be expensive and I do not assume/expect anyone to provide it for ECLiPSe.

But do you think that static type checking would do any good?  Would it be
worth the effort of augmenting all your code?  Have you had experience with
other Prolog dialects?  Just curios.

Best regards,

Ulrich