[eclipse-clp-users] Inconsistency between ECL/Java interfaces?

From: Gregory Harman <greg_at_...171...>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 10:08:40 -0400
Hi all, I've got an issue that's driving me nuts. I have a Java-based
project that utilizes ECLiPSe for an internal calculation. The ECLiPSe
side has both Prolog and CHR components, which are compiled with
chr2pl/1. In my last revision, I used EmbeddedEclipse/getInstance for
the interaction (with streams) and it worked quite well.

Now, I'm trying to migrate to OutOfProcessEclipse so that I can have
concurrent computations, but (with the same EclipseEngineOptions and the
same prolog/chr code) I'm getting different behavior. Specifically, I'm
getting warnings/advice dumped to stdout (where I'm reading my program's
output) about deprecated predicates dumped into the output stream (from
the compiled CHR code!). This causes problems as I now need to parse my
computation results from warning messages in the same stream.

So, my questions are:

1. Why is chr2pl compiling to deprecated prolog?
2. Why do OutOfProcessEclipse and EmbeddedEclipse show different
behavior?
3. Is there some configuration tweak I can make to suppress the
warnings/advice or direct them to a different stream than stdout?

thanks,
Greg