Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Question about using bb_min/minimize

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:22:31 +0100
Seppe vanden Broucke wrote:

> What am I doing wrong? I believe the problem to be in my fromto-loop. I
> use structures the calculate my total cost, while the example uses
> matrices... I tried using a three-dimensional array []([]([](...))), but
> that gave "instantiation fault in arg" errors when using Costarray[My1,
> My2, My3].

Hi Seppe,

You appear to be calling minimize with Cost already instantiated:

 >    minimize(labeling(Triplets), Cost).

Cost is already set in your previous loop. The idea of the
branch-and-bound search is that Cost should be instantiated by your
search routine (labeling(Triplets)) in your case), either directly,
or indirectly (e.g. Cost is in a constraint). The search in
branch-and-bound will produce only one solution, the one with the
minimal value for Cost. Since your Cost value is already instantiated,
calling minimize/2 will simply produce the first solution.

Chwwea,

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.