Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Managing lists of real variable

From: Oliver Scheickl <scheickl_at_...1...>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 16:39:24 +0200
Hi Simone,

If you study my post to this mailing list of yesterday, you will see that I
solve a similar problem. I also don't know the concrete number of values in
advance. Here is my post:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=a810a47b0910120652n71002f3fw3e6e4afff2b48f49%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=eclipse-clp-users

As I am also new to constraint programming I know how difficult it is to get
startet. I would solve your problem as follows:

-----------snip--------------
sum_up_example(Amount, Variables) :-
    Variables :: 0..10,

    sum(Variables) #= Amount,
    % arbitrary additional constraints for the variables
    % e.g.

    labeling(Variables).

A query like "sum_up_example(10, [X1, X2, X3])" gives you a solution. Note
that in this example I am using integer values, not real.

Best regards,
Oliver.