Re: [eclipse-clp-users] More Info Dynamically Imposing Constraints

From: Joachim Schimpf <joachim.schimpf_at_...44...>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 13:05:22 +1100
Igor Kondrasovas wrote:
> I decided also to go further and make the following test in a different
> constraint (now performing a multiplication after addition), but its
> seems to be something wrong in the last line when LHS is finally
> constrained. I’m getting a “number expected in set_up_ic_con…” at
> run-time (no messages at compilation).
>
> (for(K,1,NPieces),fromto(0,LHS1,LHS2,LHS), param(M, PieceLengths) do
>
>                   LHS2 = LHS1 + M[K,1] * PieceLengths[K]
>
> ),
>
> #Something not good here....
>
> LHS #=< BarsLengths[1],

Yes, sorry, mistake in my example code earlier.  Because LHS is a
symbolic expression (rather than a simple number or numeric variable),
you have to wrap it in eval/1, i.e.

    eval(LHS) #=< BarsLengths[1]

Alternatively, use the list variant I mentioned previously:

    (for(K,1,NPieces), foreach(P,Products), param(M, PieceLengths) do
         P = M[K,1] * PieceLengths[K]
    ),
    sum(Products) #=< BarsLengths[1]

-- Joachim