[eclipse-clp-users] Reading File

From: Igor Kondrasovas <igor_at_...186...>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 00:24:47 -0200
Hello again,

Let me put in details what I'm trying to do regarding file reading:

I'm reading two files that contains input data of my problem. I could find
on the docs that I could use something like:

:-mode read_data(++,-).

read_data(File,Result):-

open(File,read,S),

read(S,X),

read_data_lp(S,X,Result),

close(S).

read_data_lp(_S,end_of_file,[]):-

!.

read_data_lp(S,X,[X|R]):-

read(S,Y),

read_data_lp(S,Y,R).

and my program would get the input data from the input files and create a
matrix based on the number of itens, like:

linear2(M,MinWaste,Pieces,Bars):-

read_data('C:\\Users\\data\\itens.txt',Pieces),

read_data('C:\\Users\\data\\barras.txt',Bars),

linear(Pieces, Bars, M, MinWaste).

linear(PieceLengths, BarsLengths, M, MinWaste) :-

      dim(PieceLengths, [NPieces]),

      dim(BarsLengths, [NBars]),

      dim(M,[NPieces,NBars]),

                .

                .

                .

The thing is that the "dim" predicate is exiting unexpectedly and the
program stops.

I suppose the read_file is not actually returning an array of values that
dim predicate can use. Looking at the tracer I couldn't reach a conclusion.

What is going wrong here?

Thanks for any assistance,

Igor.