Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Searching working memory without destructive unification?

From: -dp- <david_at_...151...>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:24:55 +0800
I'm sorry, I somehow forgot the essentials of Prolog.

FWIW, I was trying to design a solution to a parser design problem mentioned
by Gazdar & Mellish in "Natural language processing in Prolog" (1989) p.
253:

"What implications do these issues have for chart parser implementation?
First of all, they mean that destructive unification cannot be used in the
generation of new edges [...] The obvious solution to these problems is to
always use copies for unification."