Re: [eclipse-clp-users] help with gcc_matrix

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:35:31 +0000
Moon, Geoff wrote:
> Hi again, and thanks Thorsten for your advice. I am now getting results
> from gcc_matrix that seem (to me!) to be incorrect.

Hi Geoff,

I had some discussion with the contributor of the new global constraints
(Helmut Simonis), and he tells me that the existing gcc_matrix (and
alldifferent_matrix) constraints only does the extra reasoning due to
the matrix, but do not actually impose the individual gcc (alldifferent)
constraints. So to use them correctly, you need to impose the
gcc/alldifferent constraints yourself.

I guess the reason for this is that this allows the user the freedom to
choose what version of gcc/alldifferent they want to impose (different
consistency level, etc.), although of course right now we only have the
domain consistent version of gcc.

I think I will change the constraint so that it will impose these
individual constraints for you, and provide an 'extended' version of the
constraint to allow the user to specify the specific gcc/alldifferent
they want to use.

For now, if you want to use gcc_matrix, just post it along with the
individual gcc constraints on all the rows and columns.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.