Re: [eclipse-clp-users] timeout in bb_min/3

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 06:49:54 +0000
Chris Mears wrote:

>     [eclipse 2]: [X,Y] :: 1..1000000, (X #> Y and Y #> X).

Sorry, my mistake (and I thought I checked the example before posting,
obviously made a mistake there as well).

I forgot the exact operational semantics for  reified constraint, in
that it acts in a passive check mode only when its truth value is not
known, and is imposed as soon as it is known it must be true. For and/2,
it requires both sides to be true, so both constraints will be imposed,
giving the same result as posting the two constraints directly

  X #> Y, Y #> X,

although the reified form is somewhat less efficient.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.