Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Getting results from probe_sched/5

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:17:21 +0000
Riyadh Jemal wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am using probe_sched/5 for a scheduling problem. Is there a way to
> obtain the results after a fixed period of time, without having to wait
> for it to return the best solution?

Hi Riyadh,

I don't think there is currently any support for time-outs in the library.

One issue you may want to consider is if (ic_)probing_for_scheduling is
the best way to tackle your scheduling problem. I think it is the only
ECLiPSe library that specifically mention scheduling, but this does not
mean it is suitable for all scheduling problems. Depending on your
problem, it may be better (more efficient) to write your own program to
solve the problem. Have you tried to solve your problem with another
approach, or did you find probing_for_scheduling to be best for your
problem? There are several scheduling examples under the "Planning and
Scheduling" section in:

http://eclipse-clp.org/examples/index.html

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.