Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Saving information

From: Marco Gavanelli <marco.gavanelli_at_...17...>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:10:54 +0100
Christian Wirth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i need to save a dynamic datastructure (currently a list, but will
> become a tree in a future version) for further use.
> How to ?
> The first idea i had is, creating dynamic clauses out of the list
> elements and adding them, but that seems not practical to me.
> Is it possible to save the datastructure itself ?

Dear Christian,

you can assert the whole data structure, as in

	assert(my_list(List)).

Same for a tree. It depends on what you have to do. If you have to add
elements to the list or to the tree, you may think of using the
non-logical storage in ECLiPSe (see manual), and then use setval to
update the structure.

Cheers,
Marco

--
Marco Gavanelli, Ph.D. in Computer Science
Dept of Engineering