[eclipse-clp-users] Knappsack-Problem Modification

From: Philipp Marcus <marcus_at_...247...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:36:34 +0200
Hi,

I have a problem that can be abstracted as a modification of the
knappsack problem. I need help to solve it.

Imagine:
Given a set of items I that have a meassure of dissimilarity amongst
eachother: dis(Item1,Item2,Dissimilarity)
Given a knappsack K, pack items from I into K so that the average
dissimilarity amongst the packed items is minimized, to exclude trivial
solutions one might state a constraint that the knappsack has to contain
at least k elements.

Later I'd like to expand this example to n knappsacks, whereby items
should be allocated in such a way, that every item is packed to a
knappsack and each knappsack has the lowest average dissimilarity possible.

I would be really happy if someone could give me suggestions on how to
solve it best.

Best regards,
Philipp Marcus