Re: [eclipse-clp-users] java-eclipse problem

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:40:45 +0100
carole dawood wrote:
> Hello,
> This is my predicate in eclipse: solve(ListTakenFromUser,
> Output1,Output2,Output3). My problem is that whenever ListTakenFromUser is
> sent from the GUI, i get an error saying :
>
> com.parctechnologies.eclipse.EclipseTerminatedException
> at
> com.parctechnologies.eclipse.EclipseConnectionImpl.testTerminated(EclipseConnectionImpl.java:115)
> at
> com.parctechnologies.eclipse.EmbeddedEclipse.getInstance(EmbeddedEclipse.java:116)
>
>  but if the list was supplied manually in the rpc call, i do not get any
> errors!!
> Another question is how can i get my Outputs in java ??
> Thank you a lot,
> Carole Dawood
> Computer Science and Engineering

It looks like your GUI code is doing something wrong. When you say the
list is manually supplied for the rpc, I assume you still write this
list in your own Java code.

The exception you are getting is from a call to getInstance, and in
addition, apparently the embedded ECLiPSe was destroyed before the
getInstance call. Since you apparently did not explicitly call these,
you will need to figure out why this is happening.

Some general question: how are you constructing the goal for rpc? Since
you are listing the call in Prolog syntax, are you constructing the rpc
goal as a string? This is not recommended because of the differences in
syntax between Java and ECLiPSe. It is much better to build your goal
using the Java data type described in

http://eclipse-clp.org/doc/embedding/embroot044.html

and

http://eclipse-clp.org/doc/embedding/embroot045.html

The second page also tells you how to return results in your rpc. If you
have a lot of output, it may be better to set up a FromECLiPSeQueue to
send the output to Java.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.