[eclipse-clp-users] RES: minlist /2 in a Point list

From: Igor Kondrasovas <igor_at_...186...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 11:25:58 -0300
Hello Joachim,

You are right, the bb_min is working fine. It actually finds a solution very quickly, the issue is in finding other solutions. It is taking much time to process very simple cases.

In my scenario I have a bi-dimensional domain (X and Y) where both are integers form 0 to 300. I'm trying to find 4 points in this space in a processing operation that is taking more than 8 hours and still running...

The goal of my research is actually explore this strategies for solving the nesting decision problem using CLP. As you may have noticed I'm experiencing more challenges and difficulties to move on than I initially thought (prolog and clp fundamentals). But I will not give up !.

Don't you think it is a little bit strange taking so long for the solution to explore all domain space? I really cannot estimate that...

As you mentioned, creating a "2-D aware search routine" to implement a search heuristic is something I imagine but have no idea how to do at the moment. I was thinking about using different search / 6 variations to explore more possibilities and see how they influence the results. It would be important to explore study cases I do not have to wait for so long to get results and move forward...

What do you suggest?

Sincerely,

Igor Kondrasovas
Twitter: _at_ikondrasovas