[eclipse-clp-users] typical sources of duplicate solutions

From: Oliver Shycle <oliver.shycle_at_...1...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:31:35 +0200
Dear ECLiPSe community,

I am using ECLiPSe to solve a special kind of scheduling problem. My problem
is coded as a set of many free vaiables and i have a whole bunch of
constraints and reified constraints to express how a valid solution has to
look like. Basically everything works pretty fine and as expected :-)
The only drawback is that i am sometimes experiencing duplicate solutions,
i.e. instantiations of variables that are absolutely identical, when i click
the "more" button in the TkEclipse interface. I am asking myself where such
duplicates might come from. I know that this potentially is very
problem-specific. But maybe there are some "typical sources of duplicates"
that I could check? At the moment I would have to start with a trial and
error approach, because I don't have a clue where they might come from.
Thanks for your help.

Oliver.