Re: [eclipse-clp-users] OutOfProcessEclipse and Linux

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:59:21 +0100
Christian Wirth wrote:
> I did unpack the lib file on a windows machine and copied the directory
> to the linux machine via SCP.
> But executing RUNME afterwards did not help.

Given the differences between permissions on Windows and Un*x in
general, I suspect it is either your Windows unpacker or the scp copying
between a Windows and Linux machine that is causing the permissions for
the libraries files to change from their original settings. RUNME does
not try to correct the permissions on any existing files, only the new
ones it creates.

You should always unpack any tarballs for a Un*x system locally. In
addition to avoiding the problems you ran into, it is also MUCH faster
than copying using scp, which is very slow. I expect it to be faster
than using rsync as well.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.