Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Execution time

From: Claudio Cesar de Sá <claudio_at_...222...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:32:07 +0200
JACKY

Your question is a "kernel question" of the CP field. Why some programs run
faster than others?
Many suppostions ... giving a glimpse look in your code, an idea on the
problem
is on:

r30_4.ecl :
 bb_min((
        search([R], 0, smallest, indomain, complete, []),
        search(Starts, 0, smallest, indomain, complete, [])),
        Cost, bb_options{strategy: restart, delta: 0.0001}),

r30_9.ecl :
 bb_min((
        search([R], 0, smallest, indomain, complete, []),
        search(Starts, 0, smallest, indomain, complete, [])),
        Cost, bb_options{strategy: restart, delta: 0.0001, timeout: 300,
report_failure: Cost}),

but I changed in your code this part ... and really, the problem mentioned
appeared again.

One suggestion, try a single search.  Divide in many parts your search.

I hope to help you

claudio