[eclipse-clp-users] Strange Behaviour / Bug in eclipse

From: Hendrik Skubch <skubch_at_...196...>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 19:25:46 +0200
Hi all!

I ran across a segmentation fault in eclipse when trying to store an
atom passed through the C embedding interface in a named store.

I could reproduce the behaviour on:
- Eclipse 6.0#177 running on Linux 2.6.38-8-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP
x86_64 GNU/Linux
- Eclipse 6.0#182 running on Linux 2.6.32-31-generic #61-Ubuntu SMP i686
GNU/Linux

Attached are a c++ and a prolog file to reproduce the behaviour.

Expected Output is:

	Eclipse Initialised
	dummy()
	done setting
	Ret is 0

Actual Output:

	Eclipse Initialised
	dummy()
	Segmentation fault

A gdb backtrace done on the 64 bit system is also attached.

Can you give me any advise on what to avoid or what to use instead? In
the actual program I am storing queries to generate and compare
different solutions. At this point it is not known which terms
originated in the C-code, and which purely exist within eclipse.

Cheers,
	Hendrik Skubch.