Re: [eclipse-clp-users] ECLiPSe + CPLEX

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:59:01 +0100
Hi,

For Windows, ECLiPSe is currently built using the MinGW cross-compiler,
rather than with MSVC -- many years ago (before 2006) ECLiPSe was partly
built with MSVC (but the main engine was still cross-compiled from gcc,
as we used (and are still using) gcc specific features), which is why
there are these project files.

The ECLiPSe Setup guide describe how to build ECLiPSe, including cross
compiling it for Windows. This is distributed with ECLiPSe, but you can
also get it here:

http://eclipseclp.org/reports/SetupGuide.pdf

You can also compile ECliPSe with MinGW on Windows, under Cygwin, using
MinGW/MSYS, I have not personally done this, but I think Joachim have.

With the cross-compile, the rules for building eplex with CPLEX 12.1 is
there already (in fact we build eplex with CPLEX 12.1 in our daily build
of ECLiPSe), so you should be able to build this yourself. You need to
put the CPLEX files in the right place -- note we link against
cplex121.dll, rather than the .lib file you list. The .dll file is found
in the bin directory of the CPLEX distribution, and it needs to be in
<ECLIPSETHIRDPARTY>/cplex121/bin/i386_nt (for 32 bit Windows).

We have not been distributing eplex with CPLEX because on most systems,
the CPLEX libraries are supplied as static libraries, but for Windows,
they are dynamic libraries, and we can distribute it without including
the proprietary code of CPLEX. I can send you the files you would need
to run CPLEX for Windows (32 bit only for ECLiPSe 6.0, 32 and 64 bit for
ECLiPSe 6.1 -- let me know which version you need). You would need to
supply cplex211.dll yourself (put it into <ECLiPSe>/lib/i386_nt (or
x86_64_nt for 64 bit Windows)).

I will also look into including the files in our binary distributions of
ECLiPSe for Windows.