Re: [eclipse-clp-users] java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported platform: Windows 7/amd64

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 12:37:12 +0100
Hi David,

ECLiPSe 6.0 can be run on 64 bit Windows as a 32 bit application.
However, you also need to use 32 bit Java if you want to embed ECLiPSe
into Java. You seem to be running 64 bit Java, which is why you are
seeing the error. You can't embed 32 bit libraries (ECLiPSe in your
case) into a 64 bit application.

You can run 32 bit Java on 64 bit Window. Using this you should be able
to embed 32 bit ECLiPSe (we do it on our 64 bit Windows test machine).