Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Consult failure

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 02:59:13 +0100
Hi Jan,

On 18/08/2011 17:23, Jan Burse wrote:

> expr(Z) -->  "-", !, term(X), {Y is -X}, expr_rest(Y,Z).
> expr(Y) -->  term(X), expr_rest(X,Y).
>
> expr_rest(X,T) -->  "+", !, term(Y), {Z is X+Y}, expr_rest(Z,T).
> expr_rest(X,T) -->  "-", !, term(Y), {Z is X-Y}, expr_rest(Z,T).
> expr_rest(X,X) -->  [].
>
> etc..
>
> And I get the following error:
>
> uncaught exception in exit_block(-127)
> Abort

127 (-127) is the error number, which is "syntax error : grammar rule
body is not valid". The errpr is not properly processed, which is why
you see the exit_block instead of the actual error. We will look into
fixing this.

So the error is because the grammar rule you wrote is not valid for
ECLiPSe -- this is because ECLiPSe have proper strings (as an atomic
type), so the strings such as "." are real strings, and not list of
ASCII code, and this is causing the error.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.