Re: [eclipse-clp-users] java.net.SocketException when using OutOfProcessEclipse, seemingly due to insufficient RAM

From: Thorsten Winterer <thorsten_winterer_at_...126...>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:08:35 +0200
You can find the 6.1 version of ECLiPSe in the Dev directory of the
download site, i.e.:

http://eclipseclp.org/Distribution/Dev/6.1_<BuildNumber>/x86_64_nt/

or

http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/ftp/pub/mirror/ECLiPSe-CLP/Dev/6.1_<BuildNumber>/x86_64_nt/

The current build number is 85.

I had to use 6.1 for similar reasons, using it embedded in a C++ program
left too little consecutive RAM available for ECLiPSe to be feasible.
But with 6.1 on 64bit Windows it was smooth sailing so far. I have no
experience with embedding ECLiPSe in Java, so can't tell if that's the
problem you were having. For me, ECLiPSe would no become unresponsive
but simply crash with a stack overflow.

Cheers,
Thorsten