Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Java-embedding problem with v6.1 (dev build 85) on Win7 64

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:33:28 +0100
Hi David,

On 20/09/2011 08:14, -dp- wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM, -dp-<david_at_...151...>  wrote:
>
>> Exception in thread "clpThread" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported
>> platform: Windows 7/amd64
>> at com.parctechnologies.eclipse.Platform.findPlatform(Platform.java:122)
>>
>> Btw, I looked at the source of the findPlatform method,
>
> eclipse_src\Eclipse_6.1_88\JavaInterface\src\com\parctechnologies\eclipse\Plaform.java
>

> and I don't see how this exception could have been thrown. The code checks
> if the "os.name" System property starts with "Windows" (the value printed
> above indicates the property value is "Windows 7") and if the "os.arch"
> System property is equal to "amd64" (the value printed above shows that it
> is), and in this case the code should return a new Platform_x86_64_nt
> object.

Well, if you are running Platform.java from ECLiPSe 6.0, then you should
see this error with arch amd64, so my guess is that you must somehow be
running the 6.0 Platform.java.

You mentioned that you are using EclipseIDE. Are you also using Saros
(the ECLiPSe plug-in for EclipseIDE), by any chance? I don't think I
have even tried running Saros with 64 bit Windows, and I doubt that the
code have been updated to work with 64 bit Windows.

I really don't know enough about EclipseIDE or Saros to be of much help
beyond this...

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.