Re: [eclipse-clp-users] eplex vs ic

From: Sergey Dymchenko <kit1980_at_...6...>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 16:36:15 +0300
Hello!

I think the difference is because eplex works for linear constraints
only, and ic works for non-linear constraints too. So we have more
effective for one task tool and more universal tool.

To highlight limitations of ic library, here is an example from the
book "Constraint Logic Programming using Eclipse" by Krzysztof R. Apt,
Mark Wallace:

incons(W, X, Y, Z) :-
  W+X+Y+Z $>= 10,
  W+X+Y $= 5,
  Z $=< 4.

incons(W, X, Y, Z) should always fail, but ic library can't find
inconsistency via constraint propagation, while eplex finds the
inconsistency.

Sergey.